Sunday, June 26, 2011

Deployment Project #97 - Living Room Reveal !!

Deployment Project #97
Living Room Reveal

It dawned on me the other day that I have not yet revealed my  living room to  you. I was putting this one off til last since I had so many things to do in it...

But, without further ado (that's a word right?), here is my living room BEFORE the deployment....(warning: lots of photos)


This is my yellow den....not that there was anything wrong with this wheat color, but this has been my wall color for 11 years....so I was ready for a change!
Photobucket

See my paint samples on the wall??? I didn't want to go with a basic tan...I wanted something a little different...
Photobucket

More GOLD!
Photobucket

And here are my AFTER photos....

Photobucket

My wall color is Filoli Carriage House made by Valspar, and bought at Lowe's! It's a great shade of greenish/gray/tan....depending on the light and time of day. It took me a little while to get used to it, but now I love it!

Photobucket
(photo collage added to the wall with decor on top of entertainment center)

Photobucket

See the July 4th decor on my mantel?!?!? We are ready for the hubs to be home! What a great July 4th this will be!!

Photobucket

It's obvious the BIG green bow on the plant in front of the fireplace does not go with the decor, but that plant was taken from my late grandmother's funeral a few weeks back, and I just haven't taken the ribbon off...so excuse the minty green!! :-)

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

New pillows bought at TJ Maxx dress up my couch! (and the zebra print pillow was  on clearance for $3!!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rug was purchased at Target

Photobucket

Bamboo shades were purchased at Lowe's, and the chocolate curtains came from Target ($8 a piece!) You can read about my window transformation HERE.

Photobucket

A few major changes in this room are my painted bookcase. You can read about it HERE;

Photobucket

I added a new (old) end table. Read HERE

Photobucket

I bought a coffee table on Craigslist for $30 and made a slip cover to go over it. Read about that HERE

Photobucket

One of my favorite projects was the tiling of my fireplace. Read about that HERE.

Photobucket

I refinished this one end table. Read more HERE

Photobucket


Photobucket


So, there you have it, my friends. My new living room. It literally took me all year to redo this den because there were so may things I wanted to change in it.  I can still think of more I want to do...but I think I need to rest now!!! haha!

Have a great day!

8 comments:

kelmac said...

It looks GREAT! My walls are the same color but like you, I'm ready for a change since they have been that color for as long as we've been here. I'm going to have to find some pillows on clearance like you did. GREAT and BEAUTIFUL!

Jane said...

It looks amazing! Not that the before was bad, but the after is so much more updated and looks magazine shoot ready. I can't wait until we aren't in on post housing so I can do something with my walls.

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

It looks great, I love that wall color!

Cathy said...

Love the color! Im trying to move away from the yellow tones too but picking the right color is so tricky. Yours is perfect! very soothing.

aggieam01 said...

oh my gosh! This is beautiful. I love the tile work around your fireplace. I have been wanting to do something like that to mine. Also that wall color makes everything else pop! The rug looks amazing in there!

Aubrey said...

You know I love the gold too! :) I love the windows in your LR. My hubby just got back from deployment...we are pcsing to Germany in a couple months. Great job on the living room I love it!

Maydelin said...

I $ove all the little details

Unknown said...

That looks great!