Thursday, May 26, 2011

Deployment Project # 88 - Back Patio Reveal

Deployment Project # 88
BACK PATIO REVEAL


For the longest time, my back patio looked pathetic...I mean, REEAALLLY pathetic.

Take a look at BEFORE

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In my last post, I told you about hanging these curtains...(click HERE to see it)

Photobucket

Photobucket


After a few purchases, here is my new patio......
Photobucket


I purchased the furniture from Sears at the end of the season last year. It was the floor model, I had a military discount AND because one of the chair legs was fraying a bit I got an additional discount. I ended up saving about 60% on this furniture!!! YAY!!
Photobucket


I added some greenery (some real, some fake)....

Photobucket 

This table was purchased at Goodwill for $2. I spray painted it and it looks good as new!!





Photobucket



Photobucket

The sun sets back on the patio, so I added some bamboo shades (Lowe's) and drop cloth canvas curtains. Now I can pull the shades to when the sun is too much!

I made a few pillows using an outdoor fabric scrap I picked up on clearance at the fabric store....

I LOVE IT!!!

Photobucket

I am so pleased with how it looks. It's VERY relaxing to sit on a pretty day and read a book, relax, or watch my kids play in the backyard!!!! 

Of course, no room is ever officially done. I would like to put something on the wall behind the couch, but haven't been able to find anything so far....I'll keep looking!!!!

Tell me what you think....just don't make me cry!  :-)

8 comments:

Amy said...

GORGEOUS!!! LOVE IT!

HappyascanB said...

Love it! And I'm so glad to hear there will be decent sales at the end of the season on outdoor furniture. We just moved into a house that currently has an empty sunroom. I can't wait to fill it! :)

Dena said...

It looks beautiful. I think my favorite thing is that adorable red/orange end table that's hidden in most of the pictures!!

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

paige - it looks great! my mom did a collection of really natural looking bird houses on one wall at her lake house. it looks so cute!

rogshan said...

Gorgeous!! Missing few things though...your Lady Ga-Goggles sipping "lemonade" with you!!

Melissa said...

Beautiful! Your husband is going to LOVE it...

mog said...

Very lovely, relaxing spot. I can imagine spending hours there reading. Well done.

Found your blog from House of Turquoise.

Reenie said...

Love it. Just found your blog and am browsing thru your posts :)