Tuesday, August 11, 2009

WHAT did you say???

I have a funny story that I just have to post....

On Saturday we went to my nephew, Owen's, 4th birthday party. It was at one of those places with indoor jump castles, rides and slides. Really fun and kid friendly. My girls were in hog-heaven!

After playing for a while, it was time for pizza, cake and ice cream. I was sitting with Brooke, my 2 year old, who was whinning a little bit because she wanted the little pirate man on top of the birthday cake. I was telling her she couldn't have it because it belonged to Owen. But she kept saying, "But I want it."

By Brooke standards, she wasn't whinning very loud, but was whining about it, nonethless.

All of the sudden, from across the table this little boy shouts, "Quit whining like a little B*%CH!!"

Uh, yeah...spoken by a 6 year old child. My chin hit the floor. I looked like a deer caught in the headlights. I was so shocked I couldn't say anything. His mom (who was standing close by) must have seen the look on my face because she asked what he said. When I told her, she responded with, "Oh, boys will be boys!"

Excuse me?!?!?

Now, I wasn't sure what was more shocking...what the kid said, or what the mom said....

But now I just have to laugh. Mainly because it was NOT my child that said such a horrible thing...thank goodessn, but also because I can't believe it was acceptable to the mother of this little boy.

Holy cow!!!

Anyway, here are some cute pics from the party...

3 comments:

Gabby said...

UMMMMM....can we say soap in the mouth!!!!!! OMG!!! I would have died!!!! Kids just repeat what they see and hear!! :)

Mandy said...

Where's that bar of soap when you need it!?! He & his mommy both!

That was funny, but I can't believe she acted like it was just an everyday normal thing (which it might be...so sad).

I might need soap too...I did laugh out loud when I read that. Baha!

Unknown said...

I wish you could have posted a picture of the little heathen just so we could see him!