Friday, April 29, 2011

Deployment Project #80- Supporting My Hero

Deployment Project #80
Wounded Warrior 5K Shirt


Last weekend, I had a chance to run in a 5k for the Wounded Warrior Project.

Family and Friends showed up to support my husband's battalion  and walked/ran in honor of our men currently serving overseas, as well as those who have been wounded in action.

What a wonderful cause to run for!

It was so good to be able to get together with the other family members of deployed soldiers.  I find comfort in being around other wives who know what a challenge it is to be away from a loved one for an entire year.

Here we are right after the race.
Photobucket


Photobucket


For my deployment project, I made t-shirts for my friend and me to wear in honor of my husband. 
With every step I ran I thought about what a brave man I am married too, and how thankful I am that he has been safe while serving overseas.

Photobucket

To make these, I just bought some transfer paper at Target.  
I designed an image on my computer, printed it out on the transfer paper and ironed it on a shirt. 

Easy as pie!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

If you haven't thanked a  soldier for his duty, please do so.  

They are putting their lives on the line for YOU! 

Saying "Thank You" goes a long way with a soldier!

No comments: