Friday, October 1, 2010

Custom Shadow Box : Deployment Project #23

Customizing A Shadow Box

I wanted to frame the gown my youngest daughter came home from the hospital in.
I bought this shadow box at Hobby Lobby recently, but didn't like the color of the frame.

Photobucket


I took the back of the frame out and covered it with fabric, hot gluing it around the back side of the board.
Photobucket


I taped up the glass in the frame (because, for some reason, it wouldn't come out of the frame). I made sure there was no exposed glass.

Photobucket


I spray painted the frame white.  I used packing tape to tape the gown on the board...it was too hard to pin and I didn't want to ruin the clothing either.  Taping was the easiest way.

Photobucket


Then I just inserted the board back into the frame....and there you have it. A perfect, pretty shadow box with Miss B's "home from the hospital" gown!

Photobucket


Soooooo easy and fast. The longest part was waiting for the paint to dry.....

And it looks great hanging on her wall!

Photobucket


Have a great weekend!



2 comments:

Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

This is SO sweet! What a great idea! M*

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh, adorable. This is a fun idea! I'd love to try it for my daughter's blessing dress, but I'd have to get the spit-up stains out of it first. ;)
I'd love for you to check out my giveaway going on now! http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/10/felt-headband-giveaway.html
Have a great day!