Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ballard's Outdoor Rug Knock-Off: Deployment Project #25

Check out these rugs from Ballard's Designs.

An 8' x 11' braided outdoor rug just like the one(s) pictures would cost me $699.....


I hope I don't offend anyone, but who in their right mind would spend $700 on an outdoor rug???????
Photobucket

Instead of spending $700, I went to Lowe's and purchased a canvas drop cloth for about $15 and painted stripes on it!!!!

I just measured and taped. Then painted.

Photobucket

I am currently working on sprucing up my back porch, and this custom "rug" added a nice touch to it!!

Photobucket

I realize this is not close to the quality of a $700 rug from Ballard's.....but it works for me.  I spent less than $20 on this rug, so if it gets dirty it won't stress me out.  Think about the stress you would go through if you were trying to keep a $700 OUTDOOR rug clean....

Photobucket

I'm still working on my back porch, so check back soon to see what else I am doing out here!!!

Happy Tuesday!

Linking to.....


13 comments:

Jill said...

LOVE IT!

Kelley said...

great idea!

Vanessa said...

Hi! I just found your blog and absolutely love it! What a great idea for an outdoor rug and I totally agree about it being crazy to think of spending $700 on an outdoor rug! I got mine for $45 at Home Depot and thought that was splurging! :-) So nice to meet you here in blogland, stop by sometime if you get a chance!
Vanessa
P.S. I'm a new follower!

Jessica @ Me and My Bucket said...

so cute, LOVE the pop of orange!! thanks for sharing!!

Terrell said...

This is just simply the greatest! It looks amazing - way to go, girly!! I am happy to be your newest follower and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link up your sweet creations at my weekly party, Fabulous Friday Finds! Hope to see you there!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

Jen said...

I love this!
Looks great!
I'm featuring this on my blog today! Hope you don't mind!

justtherightangle said...

Such a cute idea! I love the fun color you chose- it really livens up the room. Thanks for sharing!

Chris said...

This is just too awesome! And to think someone actually pays $700 for this! Awesome job!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Very cute!!! Fantastic way to think outside the box! :)

FrouFrouBritches said...

Gorgeous, love it! The orange ROCKS! I've been dying to do a zebra floorcloth like this, but I never thought of using a dropcloth! So smart!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I featured you this week:

http://www.houseofhepworths.com/2010/10/20/hookin-up-with-hoh-21/

~Allison @ House of Hepworths

Remodelaholic said...

We love this party link and I wanted to let you know that we are planning on featuring it on our blog. We hope that you get a bunch of new visitors. If there is any chance that you could post about being featured on Remodelaholic with a link back to your post on our site, we would really appreciate it.
www.remodelaholic.com

Anonymous said...

Looks great! By the way, would you mind sharing the color of your house's exterior? I love it!