Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Was On TV !!!!!!

My neighbor called me this afternoon to tell me I was on the Channel 2 news today....
WHAT?!?
As we were leaving the race on Saturday my friend and I noticed a camera man filming us walk.....and we wondered, "Why would a camera guy follow 2 women walking down a sidewalk when he had 10,000 other people in the streets for the race?!?"
Well, it turns out that the wife of the South Carolina Governor was walking behind us.....everyone knows about the SC Governor....last summer he claimed to be hiking the Appalachain Trail, when in reality he was in Argentina with his mistress. It made national news. Since then, his wife has moved out of their mansion and back to Charleston (where she is from) with their children. Saturday's race was her first public appearance since last summer's news broke.....
So, apparently she was walking behind us leaving the race.....and they filmed her/us.....and let me add that I had JUST finished running a 5K race 5 minutes before. I look like death warmed over....and if filming me looking my worst was not enough, they rewind the footage and play it in slow motion.....ugh!!
So here is my 3 seconds of fame....you have to watch until minute 2:15 to see us.....

No comments: