Monday, October 19, 2009

I Raced For The Cure!!!


Well, I did it!
I completed another 5K!!

And in record time.....for me, anyways....

Thank you for all of your comments on here and on FB. I have a full page list of names of those you asked me to pray for.....and I did!!! I prayed for those struggling with breast cancer, I thanked God for His healing for those who have been cured, & I prayed for wisdom for those doctors who are currently helping patients with breast cancer! Praying along the way made the 3.1 miles seem to go by a little faster.....although I have to admit, at about the 2.5mile mark I was just praying to FINISH the race standing. I was stuggling to get across that finish line, I'm not gonna lie!! :)


But I somehow crossed the finish line with a time of 30:51. My personal goal is to do a 5K in less than 30 minutes and I am getting closer. Last week's race time was 30:52 so I was a whole second faster this week...that's better than a second slower, I suppose! There were over 8,200 runners/walkers at the race and I placed 1412th out of 8,200...not too bad, right?!?


So, I am a little disapointed I didn't get alot of pictures of the race atmosphere....because of all the people we had to park over a mile away and walk to the starting line, and by the time we got there we had 10 minutes before the race started....and of course, my 3 year old potty training diva had to "potty"....so when they blew the horn to start the race I was still trying to get in line.....no time for stretching.....


Check out the starting line of the race (the guy wearing white right in the middle won the race with a time of 15:31...yeah, I know, insane....and he happens to be the weather man on ABC news! haha

No action shots of my running this time...but I did get one of Ryan crossing the finish line.. he had a stroller and had to go to the back of the line, so I ended up beating him due to the tons of people running.... Brooke is hiding behind the visor on the stroller to block the wind..it was 55 degrees!!! Brrrrrrr




My friend, Kym, and I did another race together. This was her 2nd 5K and she was ahead of me the entire race, and we finished together.....she's sure to blow right past me in next week's race! It has taken me a year to build up to a 10 minute mile....it's taken her 2 races....YOU GO KYM!!!!!

Here's my sweet family after the race....Lil' Diva was not in the mood to have her picture taken...

This picture reminds me of..."YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF....THIS IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A "DOUBLE STROLLER"....

I'm so glad I had the opportunity to run in the Race For The Cure. Thank you again for allowing me to pray for those who have been affected by breast cancer!

Next week...PJ Run for cancers below the waist....not so sure I will actually be wearing pj's when I run.....

1 comment: