Monday, February 27, 2012

Baby Bump Update: 33 Weeks

I made it to 33 weeks! 



*How far along?: 33 weeks exactly when this photo was taken. This was taken at my baby shower this past Saturday!

*Total weight gain: around 24 pounds total...still keeping my fingers crossed to keep it under 35 pounds. I know the water weight is coming soon....hoping it's less than 10 lbs of it! Just 43 days left!

*How big is baby?: About 17 inches in length and around 5lbs....he's measuring big (18 days bigger) so this number could be WAY off.

*Sleep?:Been sleeping pretty good this past week...hope it continues.   I'm sure I am sleeping better this time around  because I am up by 6am every morning to get my 9 yr old on the school bus everyday (at 645!!!!!) so by bedtime I am ready to crash!!!

*Best moment this week?: My Baby Shower!!!! I had the most fabulous baby shower given by wonderful friends and family. I had many of my close friends there, and it meant the world to me to have them take the time out of their Saturday to spend it with me! I got almost everything I registered for....I have very little left to get! I'm so excited I am almost "ready" for this baby!

*Movement?:Oh yes...and you can see my belly move from across the room!!! I can even feel his little toes when he sticks them up!!! I am pretty sure this little guy is ALL legs!!!! A track star, perhaps a basketball player in our future??

*Food cravings?: Water, fruit, pretzels.....and my protein smoothies. I found a wonderful site www.dashingdish.com that has all sorts of healthy recipes for protein smoothies. I can make a protein shake and feel like I have just been to the ice cream parlor....but for 1/8 of the calories!!

*Labor signs?: No...but I'm expecting them soon. Something just tells me I will go pretty early with this baby....maybe I am speaking too soon....but holy cow I am so uncomfortable and miserable! This baby is measuring big, so he's almost out of room...but according to my scheduled c-section I still have 43 days to go!!! I just don't think I will make it that far!

*Belly button in or out?: It's out, and has been out...and sometimes the baby will stick his heel right in my belly button, which makes it stick out even further! ha!
 *What I miss:I really miss feeling comfortable....and running errands without having to find a restroom or feeling out of breath. My head wants to rush around and hurry, but my body just isn't capable of rushing at all. I'm walking at a snail's pace these days, and need my moments of rest time throughout the day.

*What I’m looking forward to: Finishing up the nursery! I have a few things left to complete...of course, the baby will never know if it's complete or not. But there's just something about the feeling that comes with finishing up his room...makes me feel like I am officially ready for him to be here. Just a few wall hangings, and one piece of furniture to paint....hoping to finish it up in the next 2 weeks (or sooner)!

No comments: