Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby Bump Update: 30 Weeks

If this were a football game, I'd just be starting the 4th quarter!!!! 30 weeks down, and just 10 to go. Lucky for me, since I am having a c-section I get to skip the last week!!! So for me, I now have less than 9 weeks as I write this post!!!!!!!!

30 Week Baby Bump Update!



*How far along?: 30 weeks 2 days when this photo was taken

*Total weight gain: around 20-21 pounds....but as the swelling sets in I expect that number to really start climbing here in the last few weeks. Look out, here comes the dreaded, SWOLLEN pregnant face and cankles! I know there's no escaping them! Ugh! ;(

*How big is baby?: About 16-17 inches long....according to my ultrasound last week he's measuring in at 3lbs 10 oz!!...Read on to hear more about that.....

*Sleep?: I continue to sleep pretty well...up 2-3 times a night to use the restroom, but able to fall right back to sleep! Hope this continues....I can remember being wide awake at 3a with the last 2 pregnancies. Hope I can escape that this time.....fingers crossed. This girl needs her sleep!!!

*Best moment this week?:  Last Monday, I had an ultrasound just to check out the baby and make sure he was growing correctly....not only is he growing great, he's growing TOO much, if there is such a thing. After the ultrasound tech measured his head, torso and legs she determined that this little womb-piggy is measuring 18 days AHEAD of schedule!!!!! Yes, 18 days!!!!! This is going to be ONE.BIG.BABY!!!! I've already asked if this means they will take him early, and the answer is "No, this just means you are going to have a big baby." Great....just great. But it was wonderful to see this baby boy on the screen one last time before we finally meet him...he already has some chubby little cheeks!! He's gonna be a cutie!

*Movement?:Oooooohhhhhh yessss!!! Constant movement from this little guy...I am pretty sure my insides are all bruised up at this point.

*Food cravings?: Fruit! Really enjoy eating any type of fruit. I also go through alot of spinach. I make a spinach salad for lunch most of the time with cottage cheese...and if I make an omelet it usually has spinach in it. I'm so thankful I don't crave any junk food.....took my kids to Sonic for dinner the other night and got a grilled chicken wrap for myself. Big mistake. Even eating that made me feel awful for hours afterwards! No more fast food for me!!!!!

*Labor signs?:Some Braxton Hicks here and there, but no contractions.....that's okay. Those can hold off for a while!

*Belly button in or out?: It's out, and has been out...and sometimes the baby will stick his heel right in my belly button, which makes it stick out even further! ha!

*What I miss:  I miss having energy. I miss playing out in the yard with my girls....I miss exercising....and I miss having the energy to take a shower and get ready without having to sit down and rest half way through. ha! I feel so pathetic at times, but it makes me realize how MUCH I can't wait to get back to exercise and activities that I enjoyed doing before!

*What I’m looking forward to: I'm looking forward to these last few weeks with my girls...although I am so ready to get this baby OUT, I do cherish the time I have with my girls before the chaos of having a newborn hits.

No comments: