Monday, March 28, 2011

Deployment Project #71- Lamp Redo

Deployment Project # 71
Vintage Lamp Redo

My husband's grandmother recently passed away, and our family inherited these 1960's...1970's...matching yellow lamps.

I actually like the color of these, but I wanted them in our new bedroom, so I opted to paint them.

Photobucket


So, I sprayed them down with a can of gray spray paint, added a new white shade (purchased from Target) and hot glued gray ribbon around the edges.

Photobucket


The only cost was the $12 lamp shade and a $3 can of spray paint.  That beats spending $50 a lamp...and I needed two. 

Now I have matching lamps in my master bedroom!!

Photobucket

Stay tuned....I promise I am almost ready to reveal my master Bedroom later this week!!!!

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Those lamps are amazing! Did you leave some yellow showing? The photo has almost a marble effect. I can't wait to see the whole reveal!

Pine Tree Home said...

gotta love that spray paint. It does wonders.

emily said...

Looks fabulous! Can't wait to see the whole room. I already know I'm going to love it!

Melissa@TheHappierHomemaker said...

Wow! I love these!

Jan said...

The lamps are awesome...the entire bedroom is beautiful!!