Thursday, April 8, 2010

a weekend in the ATL....

We had a great weekend this past week!

We met my best friend, Carolina (Care-o-leena) and her family there! For those of you who don't know about my best friend, you can read about her HERE and HERE.

With Ryan having to do so much training for his deployment, he won't have time for a summer vacation, so we planned a quick 3 day weekend trip to Atlanta.

We had a blast, and the time went by fast!!! Any time spent with the BFF and the hubby ALWAYS goes by fast.

On Saturday we headed to a Braves game...

Photobucket


As a child, I was THE biggest Braves fan....I could tell you the entire 1983 Braves line-up....

My Favorite player??

Well, Dale Murphy, of course!!!!


Photobucket

(...and you are asking, "Who the heck is Dale Murphy??")

What makes it so much fun, is that our kids are friends! Carolina and I grew up together, and it's just surreal to watch OUR chidren play together as well as we did as kids!


Photobucket

Photobucket


The game was fun, even though the Braves got beat...BAD! We were fortunate to have a suite for the game that had a tv in it, so when the kids got bored they watched tv while the grown ups enjoyed the game!

Here's a shot of the Price family in left field......and I KNOW you are laughing at my hubby's Braves jersey...it was his in high school. He dug it up while we were at my in-laws and insisted on wearing it to the game. I thought he was kidding.....

But obviously not....(gotta love him)
Photobucket

Caro and me....BFF for 24 years and counting...

Photobucket


I also got to see Baby Sofie for the first time... this is Carolina's youngest baby...she was 9 months pregnant when I saw her last ( we live 9 hours away from eachother), and Sofie is now 6 months old...

Here we are 6 months ago....
Photobucket

...and here is Baby Sofie....
Photobucket
Boy, was she a cutie!!!


And the BEST baby I think I have ever been around....rarely cried..always happy...


I sure hope my third baby is like that....one day!


Here is Caro with Sweet Sofie!

Photobucket

On Sunday, we went to Stone Mountain, GA....


a beautiful place and lots of fun for the kids...


Photobucket


Look at that HUGE stome mountain....

(Wonder if THAT'S why they call it Stone Mountain, GA?!?!? hmmm.....)

And you can ride a sky lift all the way up to the top.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are the kids at the top of the mountain...they thought they were on the moon!
Photobucket


There was so much to do there...we spent the entire day there...

The kids had fun, but the little one started giving me looks like this half way through the day...


Photobucket

which turned into this 5 minutes later!
Photobucket


We had so much fun and can't wait to get together with our friends again!!!

We also got to visit Ryan's cousin who had a baby a few weeks ago. Sweet Baby James was a cutie....look at me holding him....I look good with 3 little ones, don't I ?!? (Tell my husband that!)


Photobucket

And no trip would be complete without a visit to the American Doll Store and  Bistro in Atlanta.
For those who are not familiar with AG dolls...this is a doll store with a restaurant attached to it.  You can shop in the store for your doll...they even have a hair salon in the store to fix up their hair!! Every little girl needs to experience the American Girl Doll store....I think I was more excited than Faith!  I'm planning on making the 5 hr trip back to Atlanta this summer just to go back to the AG store!!!  (just have to save up some more $$ first...these AG Doll clothes are as expensive as my OWN clothes! sheesh!)


Photobucket

Faith's doll, Hailey, got a new outfit and Faith dressed her right away when we sat down at the bistro.
Photobucket

Faith is getting her doll dressed in her new clothes!
Photobucket


They give the dolls their own high chair with a muffin fro lunch! How cute is that!?!?
Photobucket


Look at my happy 7 year old!!! She was on Cloud 9!
Photobucket

And Brooke had fun too...she doesn't have an AG doll, but she didn't care as long as she had some ice cream!

'Til next time....

2 comments:

Kelly M said...

I hate we missed you this time! Hopefully this Summer when you come back we'll be there! I would LOVE to see you and the girls. It looks like yall had a great time!!

Unknown said...

Hey! You were so close to me! We only live about 1 hour south of Atlanta. I can't wait for y'all to have baby #3! Your girls are growing so much!