Friday, April 16, 2010

Some Quick, Easy-Peasy Lamp Shades

I took a break from my big bookshelf project and did a few simple, easy, and fast crafts with some lamp shades.

I ran into my local Goodwill store the other day and found a cute lamp stand for $3....(forgot to take a before pic)

SCORE!

At Target, I found a lamp shade covered in burlap for $6.
Photobucket



SCORE!

Brought both home, spray painted the lamp stand in my favorite ORB spray paint, hot glued some trim around the top and bottom, and stencilled a cute design onto the shade with craft paint.


Photobucket


Photobucket
...and TA DA!!!!

Photobucket


A brand new buffet lamp for my entry way table.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

OOOOOHHHHH, I LoooooVE it!!!!!!!


In Faith's room, I bought another $6 solid white shade from Tar-jay...gotta love Target...

Once again, I hot glued some ric rac  and trim around it....

 Bought another lamp base at Goodwill for $2, spray painted it pink to match....

and here it is... 

Photobucket


It's amazing how a simple white lamp shade can make something so cute!
Photobucket


It looks so cute next to her bed....
Photobucket



Lastly, and the most simple of my lamp shades is this one...


Photobucket


This lamp was recently spray painted in ORB with just a plain cream colored shade....

....but I thought it needed something more.....


So I simply tied a ribbon around the shade to add a little "umph" to it...

Photobucket


Photobucket


I think it really changes the look, don't you??

I Looooove it.....

Photobucket

what' da' ya think????


Have a great weekend!













9 comments:

Mandy said...

wow, those are all so pretty!!!

I love the dotty trim on that first lamp...purty! ;)

Natalie said...

You are so creative! I'm inspired to do one myself :)

Anonymous said...

Good to meet you today at Chick-fil-A. I just scanned your blog. How neat. You have some great ideas and obviously a lot of energy to actually get them done.

Becky Wilson

Anonymous said...

Martha(Stewart, that is), I mean Paige, you are so taelented! I love how you give step by step instructions so your not so talented(me) friends can copycat you,lol! I MUST go buy some of those hooks from your newest project 2day!!! -Jessica Hayden:)

Connie said...

Love what you did with the lampshades...especially the first one and the pink/green rick-rack one.

Tammy said...

They are all great. But I love the one in your daughters room- so much fun. My daughter would love it too.

Gabby said...

Look at you linking up!! you go girl!! :)

Mom2fur said...

Everything is so cute! I would have killed to have a room as awesome as Faith's when I was a kid--I grew up in the 60s, LOL!

ChunkyPorkChop said...

Amazing what a pretty ribbon can do.. Great job!