Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Move Over Van Gogh

Some of you have commented on my blog or told me in person how creative I am because of the things I do on my blog....

I appreciate all of your sweet comments....nothing makes me feel better than getting a compliment from someone who likes what I have worked hard on....

But I have to tell you, I get it honest.

Check these out....(beware, LOTS of pictures)





Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Okay, so what 'cha think????

Are these not all gorgeous?!?

These are paintings done by a TRUE artist....

a man of many talents...

an architect who also happens to have a law degree....

...and as you can see, an extremely talented artist.

These painting don't even touch the surface of the hundreds of beautiful paintings he's completed....he's painted enough to fill up an entire art gallery.

These paintings aren't done by Van Gogh or Matisse....

not done by Rockwell or Michaelangelo....

But they were all done by MY DADDY!!!

How many people can say they have a talented artist like THIS in the family?!?

Photobucket

(Here he is in his art studio with my youngest daughter)

My dad is a man of immeasurable talent...as you can easily see from his drawings and paintings.  You can also check out his website HERE

I haven't met a painting/drawing of his I didn't like....they are all spectacular, with every brush or pen stroke carefully placed in the perfect spot. 

Thankfully, my Daddy loaned some of his creative DNA to me....I didn't get much, but what little I did get, I put to use with my crafts, sewing, creating and decorating....
Creativity is my outlet these days...it helps me keep my sanity...it relaxes me...it makes me feel productive....

.....and now that I am staring a 14 month deployment right in the eyes, it's what I will have to get me through the next year while my husband is off at war...

So, over the next 14 months, starting May 1st, I will be working on lots of things I will be calling "deployment projects.....more on that later... 

....hoping the next year goes by fast, my creativity grows, and my sainty stays until my sweet hubby comes back home to us....


Photobucket

In the mean time, say a prayer for us, get ready to follow all of my deployment projects, and check out my talented daddy's website.....
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Gabby said...

WOW! those are amazing!!!! I will def be praying for you while your hubby is gone!! I don't know how you do it! You are a much stronger woman than me girlfriend!! :)