Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break in Nashville

Months ago I told Ryan I wanted to go somewhere for Spring Break...

Being a stay at home mom (by the way "stay" at home is a funny term, since I never seem to be able to stay home) I feel like the only trips I take are to Publix and Wal-Mart....so a few months ago I called my best friend, Carolina, and we planned a trip to Nashville to see her. It just so happened that her oldest daughter was also on spring break, so it was a perfect time for us to head that way!

And, boy, I am glad we did! The week went by so fast, and we had such a fun time! Our kids played great together and we got to catch up and relax! We went to a NHL hockey game, sat in a nice suite (thanks, Chris) and the kids were even on the jumbo tron!!!!(see photo)

I also got to have lunch with Kellie and Shannon while I was there! They are some of my best friends from high school I rarely get to see...and it made my day to have 3 of my best friends there at once (we missed you, Kalley)....I LOVE having friends that I can go months and years without seeing, but yet can pick up right where we left off every time we are together!!!! It's amazing to see how we all have grown up, married and now have kids of our own! We've all come a long way!!! :)

We had lots of time on the Wii (where I would like to add, the girls stomped the boys in every game)...and good times with all of Carolina's family! I have always been close to Carolina and her family since I was 10 yrs old. Her parents helped raise me, and I love them as much as my own parents! Carolina's brother is like my brother.... so hanging out with everyone was like a mini family reunion for me!

I can't wait to go back to Nashville....and I would love to move there one day!!!! I hate the week ended so soon!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this!! And we miss you!!