Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yummy Potato Soup!!!

I am ALL about a simple recipe when it comes to cooking.....I like to cook, just don't like the time consuming process....
My friend Susan gave me this delicious recipe for Potato Soup, and it's just about THE easiest recipe ever!


Photobucket
All you need is....
28 oz.bag of hasbrowns ( not the shredded type, and the choice of plain or with onions and peppers is up to you)
2 cans of chicken broth,
1 can cream of chicken soup,
1/3t. black pepper
block of cream cheese.
The recipe does not call for meat, but I put some cubed cooked chicken in mine, but next time I will put in some ham!!!!
Put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 5 hours. Then drop in cream cheese and let it melt for about 30 min. Stir and serve.
It doesn't get any easier than that!!!

.....................................................................................................................................................
On another note,
we went to a wedding this past weekend... Ryan's cousin got married....it was pouring down rain so I didn't take my camera in...but my mother in law had her camera and took this sweet picture of our family....of course, you can never get all 4 of us smiling....but the hubby is in a tux and I can't resist sharing!!!
HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!Photobucket


2 comments:

Amber said...

I got that recipe from her Facebook page and made it last week. It was YUM!

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

ooooo...i love potato soup. that's a great simple recipe and it would be fun to add in different stuff each time.