Monday, February 8, 2010

My Soldier

The hubby is away at 3 weeks worth of Army training right now, preparing for a year long deployment to Iraq or Afghanistan (we aren't sure which one yet).  In June, he will head over the pond for, yet, another year long tour of duty.  He's only a National Guardsman, but I am not sure there is any real difference anymore between guardsmen and active duty soldiers, since the guardsmen/reservists are deploying just as much as the active duty.  This will be the second time he will spend 400 days away from me and our girls....and the second time I will be absolutely lost and heartbroken for 400 days.  
Between now and the next 3 months he will only be home a week or two at a time between various training exercises, so I am extremely aware that our time together is short before heads off to war...again....so literally, EVERY second I can spend with him, I will...
I really wish this was a bad dream I could wake up from.  My heart breaks thinking about not having my husband home for over a year....it's just not fair...and I know I sound like a child....but it's just not fair.

So, please say a little prayer...for him. for me. for our girls...and for any soldier you may know out there.  For every soldier at war, there is a family back home missing them and praying for their safe return.

In the mean time, take a peek at my handsome soldier during one of his training exercises...he's the one on the far right.....
Photobucket





3 comments:

Gabby said...

Oh Paige! I cannot bare to even think of how it must feel!!! I will definitely keep him and you all in my prayers!!!

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

I am not sure how I came across your blog but at some point I bookmarked it. I am married to a 'former' national guardsman. He has been deployed twice. My girls and I went through the second deployement with him. He just returned in December. His time was actually up in May but he was stoplossed. As a family we decided he was not going to re-up since it was becoming so hard. I understand what you are going through and have definately added you to my prayer list! Much love and prayers. I am so thankful to families like yours! Even more so now that I have been through it.

Jewels said...

I just read your entry and I know I've told you this before but your sacrifice does not go unnoticed and you and your girls will be in our thoughts and prayers. The only way to get through something like this is to draw your strength from the Lord. Remember that He hand-picked you for Ryan knowing that this time would come in your life! He knew that you would have the strength to get through this time and even though knowing that doesn't take away the heartache or the fear, it's got to be some kind of comfort knowing that God has faith in YOU! :) I know we live far away but if there is anything at all we can do during this time, please let us know! And I'd love to have his address when he gets there so we can send him a care package now and then!