Monday, March 12, 2012

Baby Bump Update: 35 Weeks

Bump Update: 35 Weeks

Just days to go.....


*How far along?: 35 weeks when this photo was taken

*Total weight gain:around 28 pounds now....doing great on my goal to keep it around 35 pounds. Thank goodness!

*How big is baby?: Well, according to all of these baby information sites, it says that my baby is 18 inches and over 5 lbs....BUUUTTTT, not my baby! I went to my regular dr.'s appt this past week and she believes this baby is 8lbs ALREADY and if I go until my scheduled C-Section (April 10th) he will easily be 10 pounds!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

*Sleep?: Still sleeping well, except for the many bathroom breaks. My biggest issue is falling asleep this week...I toss and turn for 30 min-1hr before I fall asleep. Just can't get comfortable....but once I am asleep, I sleep just fine!

*Best moment this week?: Hearing the OB say they will switch my blood thinners this week....I haven't talked about it much, but when I was 14 weeks pregnant I was diagnosed with blood clots in my leg (due to a lot of pain behind my knee, an ultrasound was done and I was diagnosed with pregnancy induced blood clots). Up to this week I have been on a blood thinner that, in the event I go into labor, is not compatible with surgery. They would need to put me to sleep if I go into labor..(a little more dangerous AND I wouldn't be awake to see my son).  Later this week, they will switch those thinners to one that allows me to be awake for my C-section, and won't be as risky if I go into labor. SO, at the end of the week I am excited to switch the blood thinners...it takes away lots of the anxiety I'm feeling about  delivery!!

*Movement?:  Surely, you didn't miss the part where I told you I already have an 8 pound baby inside me, with 29 days still to go....so, of course, there is still movement.....and strong movement!!! Yesterday, he stuck his toes up and I could feel them. My friend, who was over at the time, also felt them. We had a game of "This Little Piggy" already!!! ;-)

*Food cravings?: Water and fruit....no real cravings and still feel sick if I eat the wrong thing or too much. I carry my big cup of water with me every where I go....

*Labor signs?: No....but I welcome them any time!!!! Beyond ready to have this boy....everyday I hope my water breaks! haha! But, so far, just some Braxton Hicks....

*Belly button in or out?: It's out, and has been out...and sometimes the baby will stick his heel right in my belly button, which makes it stick out even further! ha!
 
 *What I miss: At this point, I am so close to having this baby, and so far away from remembering what "normal" feels like.....so I am missing it all from having my normal body, to eating certain foods, to less bathroom breaks......and eager to get back into my exercise routine!

*What I’m looking forward to:  Just 29 days at the most to go at this point. I went 2 weeks early with my last pregnancy, so I am hoping that's the case this time....keep your fingers crossed for me!




It's hard to believe I went from this.............................to this in less than a year!!!!




Using this picture from last summer to motivate me to get back in shape after the baby gets here!!!!  I don't have much time to get back into swimsuit shape.....so pressure is on!!!!

I have my nursery finished...except for my stinkin' glider cushions I'm STILL waiting on to be ready. Gotta love it when they tell you 2 weeks, and 4 weeks later they still aren't ready. Argg!!! I may just have to show you the room, minus the glider cushions!

Have a great week!!!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

You look good for having a 8 pounder in there! You must be kinda relieved that it you have a scheduled c-section with the promise of a 10lb baby.

The Austin Family said...

How exciting, you only have a few weeks left. I have 9 weeks left before I deliver my 3rd baby. I am also looking forward to getting back into my workout routine. What do you do to stay in shape?