Monday, December 12, 2011

Our Gender Reveal Party...It's A....

This past weekend we hosted a small "Gender Reveal" Party at our house to reveal the sex of our third baby.  As most of you know, we have 2 girls (ages 8 and 5) and I wanted to do something special for them to reveal the sex of their new (and FINAL) sibling!!

The bummer is, the flash on my camera is not working so every photo I got is blurry because of the indoor shots. Booooo! 

 I tried to keep it simple as far as food and decorations. I went to Party City and picked up a few baby decorations, along with some pink and blue candies. I made sugar cookies in the shapes of onesies as well. The subs came from Wal-Mart. if you've never ordered a party sub from there, I highly suggest it.

I also asked everyone to dress in pink or blue....only 3 dressed in pink. I guess everyone was anxious for us to have a boy!




On the count of 3 they all bit down into their cupcake to see.....

And here is the reaction we got from our girls...my oldest has been saying all along she wanted a boy...my youngest (on the right) wanted a girl....
My sweet friend, Kym, cried with tears of joy for us. I just love my friends!
Here is my youngest finally realizing what was going on!! She's not quite sure what to expect....but she was happy even though she didn't get another sister like she wanted!




It's a BOY!!!! We are so excited to know we will complete our family with the addition of a SON! However....now I am thinking "Oh my goodness! What on earth am I going to do with a BOY?!?"  ;-)  After 2 girls, I am not sure how to prepare for a little man...but I'm so excited to find out!!!



9 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting!! Congratulations!! The gender differences really don't show up until after the first year. We had 4 girls then had a 5th little surprise in our son - it really is special. :)

Mira said...

Congrats! That is so cute and so exciting. I feel the same way, what would I do with a boy? I am sure you will figure it out and do it wonderfully. What was in the cupcake to show the gender? I might steal this idea if we ever decide to have a 3rd.

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

so excited for you! gosh, what DO you do with a boy? start buying lots of clorox wipes, i guess! :)

Cheri said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting to be adding to your family. A boy...how fun and you will love him and all the rest will follow. Merry Christmas!

Lia Joy said...

SO fun! Congrats on adding a baby boy to the family! I'm sure your hubby is excited to have another man in the family! :)

M Mommy to 4 said...

I've got 3 boys and a girl and have to say that it was obvious from the time they were about four months old that the boys were going to be more of a handful. They're fun to keep up with and your little girls will love playing with the little guy! Congratulations!

Mandi said...

Congrats! I have one boy and love it. I'm so happy for you!

Donna said...

Not to worry Paige, Kym and I are going to educate you. I have already bought him his first 100 hot wheel cars, the 1000 piece starter set of LEGOS and the bucket of 300 army men. Is there anything else you want? And I will always be here for holding!!

Alli H said...

Yay congrats! Your so blessed!