Friday, January 30, 2009

Saying Good-Bye to Papa








We just got the news tonight, that Ryan's grandfather has passed away. I knew Papa Owens longer than I knew my own grandfathers (who both passed away by the time I was 10), so I am deeply upset of Papa's passing. He was a gentle man who loved the Lord with all his heart. He was always positive and had words of encouragement to say to others. I honestly don't believe I ever heard a negative word come out of his mouth. He always let me know he was praying for our family, and would constantly remind me what a wonderful mother I was and what wonderful children Ryan and I have. I just can't say enough nice things about Ryan's Papa. The kindest man with the most gentle soul. Papa is now in heaven. I know he's up there with my mom now, and she's welcoming him Home with a big smile on her face...

We love you Papa!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Paige. Sounds like he was a great man. Love, Courtney

Jewels said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. What a blessing to have wonderful people in your life like that to be role models as we get older. And how comforting to know he knew the Lord and is there with him now. Matt's grandmother passed away a few years ago and it was so much easier on the rest of us left here to know that she was ready to go and be with her husband and her Maker. Our prayers are with y'all!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Paige. What an touching and appropriate song.

I will be praying for you all.

Lauren said...

He was such a wonderful man! Hope you're doing well!

Lauren :)

Shawna Lee said...

Paige, I'm so sorry for your loss. We're praying for all of you.

Maria Owens said...

Paige, Thank you for this. The picture of Matthew & Faith did me in. Weren't we blessed to be amongh those who knew and were loved by PaPa? You are right about his encouragement. All I ever heard from him were words of blessing.
Our children's minister gave Matthew a book last night that would answer all of Faith's questions. It's called, "Someone I Love Died" by Christine Harder Tangvald. It is a beautiful explanation for little ones (and us, too!).
Love you!
Maria