Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Savings!!!!!

About 4 weeks ago, I went to a coupon clipping class....

Yes, I know, I sound VERY old....only grandma's clip coupons, right?!?...but I like to think of it as very wise.....

In just 4 weeks I have now saved about $300 in groceries and toiletries!

Amazing, huh???

Take today, for instance....I went to CVS, spent $22 out of my pocket....

and SAVED $70!!!!!!!! Yep, bought $97 worth of "stuff" for $22....

And it's things we need....maybe not right this minute, but things that we will eventually need, and won't go bad in the meantime. I am talking, toothpaste, shampoo, toothbrushes, TIDE, dishwashing soap....and DIAPERS! I bought 3 jumbo packs of diapers for $13 today...(they are normally $12.50 EACH)

Here is a picture of the things I bought today. Tomorrow is my grocery trip...can't wait to see what I save.

And, if you are wondering where you can get started, go to http://www.southernsavers.com !!! It's amazing what you can save!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is GREAT! Are you buying 2 papers on Sunday for the coupons? I am a coupon clipper, but I haven't mastered the major savings yet. They are about to open a CVS 1 mile from me though! Yeah!

The McBrayer family said...

good for you! I so want to be this way- I do use coupons, but not correctly I'm sure. I have never had these kinds of savings. I just went to the website you have on your blog. It's so overwhelming! Did you feel this way?? any tips?? thanks!

amy cochran said...

i so need to learn to do this....i've gotten so unorganized.

let's catch up soon!