Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just blessed.

Being a mother is more fun than I could have ever imagined! I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with Faith.....my whole life felt like it flashed right before my eyes. Although Faith was planned, I wasn't quite prepared for the shock of actually being pregnant. Throughout my entire pregnancy I felt as if I wouldn't be a good mother, scared that I would fall short of all my motherly responsibilities....5.5yrs later, I am still haunted by the thought of my children growing up and telling me they wish I would have done "this" or done "that" to make their childhood better. So, every morning I wake up with the intention of making sure that my children end their day with positive thoughts and feelings.

But, do you ever have those days where you feel like you just can't get it together?? I had one of those days recently. I just felt like I was doing a lousy job as a mother....Faith was sassing back to me, Brooke cried all day long, the house was a mess, the laundry was piled up waist high, the dog pooped on the floor, etc... you get the picture. Sometimes I feel like giving 100% just isn't enough.

So, in church on Sunday the preacher was speaking about parenting and used this verse, (2Chron. 15:7) "But as for you, be strong, don't give up, for your work will be rewarded."

It's little verses like these that give me the strength to keep on keeping on. Of all the many things the Lord has done for me, one of the greatest gifts He has given me is my children. He picked these 2 precious girls just for me, and has trusted me to raise them. (He has also given me a husband who is a wonderful man and excellent father. I couldn't have asked for better.) My life is good!!! But, there are times when I get down and feel as if I am not worthy of this wonderful family I have. So, when I read this verse on Sunday, it reminded me that I need to be strong, don't give up, for one day I will be rewarded. Even though giving 100% may not feel like enough to me, God sees my work and will reward me one day. What a great feeling to have! I love the way God gives you Bible verses at the right place at the right time in your lives. He can fill my heart with hope, strength, patience and perserverance in one small Bible verse!

No comments: