Saturday, April 21, 2012

After Baby Update: 1 Week Post-Partum

After Baby Update:
1 Week PostPartum

Wow, a week has flown by already!! (Actually, it's been 11 days, but I am just getting around to writing this post)

Baby Gibson is over a week old, and doing great! 

I made it through a miserable pregnancy, and the moment I laid eyes on Gibson, I knew I'd do it all over again if I had to!

He's the best baby....just over a week old, and already seems to be on (somewhat) of a schedule. He's got his days and nights RIGHT, and has predictable sleeping and waking times. He's showing us he's got a great temperament....laid back....only fussy when he's hungry. I couldn't have dreamed of a better fit for our family...he fits right in and totally completes our family!

One week after delivery, here is our sweet little guy....


My sweet friend, Kristen, is a photographer and came over this past week and did his first photo shoot.  He was such a little trooper throughout the whole thing...he only pooped on the props twice! ha!

Here are 2 more sneak peeks of our session...



I'm on a journey to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and get back into exercising. Oh, how I have missed it these last 9 months. The last time I went for a run was when I was 8 weeks pregnant. I ran a wonderful 4 miles...the next day the morning sickness hit me like a ton of bricks and the start of a very rough pregnancy began. 

I'm on a mission to get back into running and working out....so I want to document my journey....

So, here I am at 1 week postpartum...about 17 pounds lost....about 13 to go...


Overall, I gained about 31-32 pounds while pregnant. As of today, I have about 13 pounds to go....and it's all in my belly. I am in that awkward stage right now, where maternity clothes are too big, but my regular clothes are too small...

We ordered my BOB Stroller this week, though, and as soon as it's in I can start walking. I can't run for 6 weeks, but I have been told I can walk.....so that's what I will do until the dr. gives me the okay to exercise.

Thank you all for your sweet comments you have recently sent! It means alot to me to have your support and kind words. We are in heaven with this little guy!!! Can't wait to show you more pictures of this new little man in our lives!


3 comments:

Mama Sue said...

You look awesome! Glad you have an easy baby after a hard pregnancy!

Kate said...

He is gorgeous! And you look great. I hope I will be as enthusiastic as you are with weight loss when this baby finally decides to arrive!

Unknown said...

Been following for a long time and needed to congratulate you on the newest addition! He sounds like the perfect fit. Our third was a perfect fit, thank goodness since hubby deployed right after, it is amazing what regular sleep patterns and non-colicky babies can do to speed up the healing process!